Log Lathe OCS-4AM
Reliable OСS-4AM is designed for mass production of log parts from rounded logs, allowing fully automatic rounding of logs, milling of longitudinal and spacer grooves.
They consist of a power unit that moves along rail tracks. On the carriage of the machine there are 2 cutters for one for roughing and the other for finishing logs and a cutter for cutting the mounting slot and compensating cut. The compensating cut is designed to relieve stress from the upper layers and reduce the number of cracks on the surface of the log. Consists of: a mobile headstock with a retractable quill for clamping logs, a headstock with a log rotation drive and an electromagnetic brake (designed to fix the log rotation drive). The movement of the carriage is carried out by a drive with a smooth adjustment of the carriage feed speed.
Adjustment of all cutters for a given product size is carried out according to special rulers, further control of the drives occurs in automatic mode without the need for manual adjustment for each log.
* The length of the track can be increased.
* It is possible to install additional cutters for the production of rounded logs with a diameter of 320-500 mm.
- Diameter of rounded logs, mm: 160 — 500 *
- Maximum workpiece diameter, mm: 700
- Workpiece length, m: 0.5 — 8
- Productivity per shift, m / run (shift — 8 hours): 200 — 300
- Maximum thickness of the cut layer (for 1 pass), mm per radius: 200
- Deviation of the longitudinal profile of the rounded log, mm: no more than 2
- Power of the electric motor of the cylinder of the finishing mill, kW: 11
- Electric motor power of the rough cutter cylinder, kW: 11
- Slot cutter motor power, kW: 7.5
- Compensating groove electric motor power, kW: 2.2
- Electric motor power of slot cutter rotation, kW: 0.25
- Workpiece rotation electric motor power, kW: 2.2
- Carriage feed motor power, kW: 0.55
- Carriage feed speed: Variable
- Workpiece rotation frequency, rpm: Variable
- Rotation frequency of the groove cutter, rpm: 3000
- Rotation frequency of the finishing cutter, rpm: 3000
- Rough cutter rotation frequency, rpm: 3000
- Number of attendants, people: 2 person
- Operating temperature range: -30 / + 40
- Motor power: Elec 380 V, 50 Hz, 3 phases
- Dimensions (LxWxH), m: 12 x 1.4 x 1.8
- Weight, kg: 2300
Advantage over analog equipment:
- The lathe is equipped with a fully automatic control system for all drives, which allows carrying out all log processing operations without operator intervention, digital indicators of the main drives’ load, as well as an adaptive feed rate control system. Carts and log rotation are integrated into the machine control unit.
- Despite the software control, the lathe does not require special maintenance and highly qualified personnel, the microprocessor itself detects the operator’s wrong actions and issues an error signal, preventing emergency situations.
- The control panel displays digital indicators of the main drive load, which allow you to visually observe the load of a particular motor.
- The lathe is equipped with a carriage feed speed automatic control system.
- The control unit is equipped with a multi-stage protection system against power surges and surges.
- The presence of non-contact inductive position sensors allows operation in a wide range of ambient temperatures.
- The control panel of the machine is equipped with a heating system for the electronic part, which allows it to work at low ambient temperatures.
- The patented shape of the knives (RF Patent No. 112086) allows to significantly reduce the load on the cutter and achieve maximum productivity without reducing the quality of the processed material.
- The maximum processing of a log in one pass of a layer of wood is 200 mm per radius, the cylindrical shape of the log is performed in one pass to the finishing size with two cutters (roughing and finishing).
- The quality of processing is ensured at the level of planed wood.
- Deviation of the longitudinal profile of the processed log, mm: no more than 2.0 mm.
- Possibility of processing logs with a high degree of taper and curvature.
- The machine is set up once for the entire production cycle of a product of a given diameter.
- The presence of automatic three support stops allows you to avoid vibrations and violation of the geometry of the rounded log during all processing operations.
- The lathe’s hydraulic lifters allow you to easily and accurately position the log between the headstock and tail stock.
- There are no idle moves: in the forward direction, the magazine is being processed, in the opposite direction, the groove and cut are selected.
Video of machine OCS-4AM in operation: