Multi Saw Machine for Thin Logs UPT-250S
This is a milling and sawing machine designed for ripping low-grade wood into high quality sawn timber.
On the machine, two milling cutters are involved in sawing a log, removing the lateral surfaces of the log, and two blocks of horizontal disks following them, which cut the block prepared after the cutters into boards. At the exit from the machine, a finished horizontal pack of boards and two slabs is obtained.
The presence of side mills in the cut pattern ensures that the horizontal blades are working on a clean surface, thereby significantly extending their service life. The sliding side milling mechanism is manually operated, allowing the operator to quickly change the block width while the machine is running.
- Workpiece diameter, mm: 80 — 280
- Workpiece length, m: 1 — 6.5
- Cutting width, mm: 60 — 160
- Cutting height, mm: 10 — 160 (200 *)
- Deviations of linear dimensions, no more, mm: + / — 0.5
- Maximum removal of side mills, mm: 2 x 72
- Number of horizontal disks, PCS: 2 x 6
- Horizontal disc diameter, mm: 250
- Aspiration system power, kW: 5.5
- Side cutter drive power, kW: 2 x 18.5
- Horizontal drive power, kW: 2 x 15 (18.5 *)
- Chain feed drive power, kW: 2.2
- Wildlife drive power, kW: 1.5
- Rotational frequency of side mills, rpm: 3000
- Rotation frequency of horizontal disks, rpm: 3000
- Workpiece feed speed, m / min: 0 — 15
- Number of attendants, people: 2 person
- Operating temperature range, hail: — 30 / + 40
- Motor power: Elec 380 V, 50 Hz, 3 phases
- Weight, kg: 1950
- Dimensions (LxWxH), m: 14.4 x 1.4 x 1.5
The complete set of the machine includes:
- Pick-up with feed chain — 7.2 m.
- Launch roller conveyor for finished products — 4.8 m
- Aspiration system with 5.5 kW exhaust
- Electric drive of movement / extension of cutters with electronic indication of dimensions
- Linear pointers for laser cutting — 2 pieces.
- Infinitely variable feed rate with automatic limiting of the system load speed.
- A set of knives — 8 pieces.
- A set of circular saws with a diameter of 250 mm — 12 pieces.
- Washers set for — 3 sets of sizes to choose from
- Rolls for logs on the receiving table — 3 pieces.
Advantage over analog equipment:
- The ability to cut logs with a diameter of 80 to 280 mm.
- Maximum side milling clearance up to 72 mm on each side.
- The mechanism of movement and extension of the side mills, which is responsible for quickly changing the width of the resulting boards or timber, is equipped with an electronic ruler with 4 programmable buttons for any size from 60 to 160 mm. Changing the current size is done by pressing just one button.
- The basic package includes an automatic sequential starting system for all motors and drives. Automatic feed rate limiting system when overloading the main motors. Main engine load indicator. Adjustment of the maximum power consumption of the machine. Heating of the electronic part.
- The machine is equipped with powerful linear lasers that project the contours of the future block onto the workpiece.
- The machine covers provide optimal protection of the operating personnel from sawdust, while at the same time allowing free access to the internal structure for machine maintenance.
- Built-in hood and suction system ensure timely removal of chips and sawdust from the working area.
- The pick-up table is equipped with manual lathes, with which the workpiece can be lifted above the table and turned over.
- The centering log clamp is designed to automatically align and hold the logs on the feed table of the machine. Also, the clamp can be translated and locked in the upper non-working position, this option allows you not to dismantle the entire structure if you need to saw logs with a high degree of curvature and protruding branches.
Examples of cutting logs of various diameters on the UPT-250M machine, with the calculation of the useful output of edged lumber and slab. (The calculation was carried out on logs with a length of 4 meters and a run of 8% per meter.)
Multi rip saw for thin logs in operation: